Monday, January 18, 2010

Arghh i got teeth in my eye


Today we went to LACMA and I saw an interesting piece. It was in the Art of the Pacific exhibit. It was a hand weapon made of wood and shark teeth. It had a handle you could easily slip your hand into. The shape of the weapon was a half circle and it had a shark tooth on each end of the end. The end was also curved so the wooden part of the weapon looked like a crescent moon.

What’s strange about this piece is that it was probably made with intentions of killing but makes you feel happy because the wooden part is in the shape of a smile.
I imagine that someone would use it in one hand and in the other they would have a shield or a sword. Pretty vicious hehehe. It might be used in war but I don’t think it would be good for hunting because you would probably just get the animal mad. Imagine getting punched with that fist!!!

3 comments:

  1. Ow! Did I just get bite by a vampire? No, I guess not, but still... ow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kind of looks like wax lips. Well at least that what it makes me think of.

    Anyways, that vampire obviously needs braces!

    ReplyDelete
  3. o ya... renee, when are you coming back home?

    ReplyDelete